PC - Windows : Home World: Game Of The Year Edition Details
Relic Entertainment and Sierra Studios' Homeworld forced gamers to view real-time strategy games in a completely different way. Homeworld's events take place in 3-D space complemented by stunning graphics and magnificent sound effects. While it does adhere to real-time strategy games' traditional balance of resource gathering and unit creation, Homeworld feels unique; Relic has created a vast and interesting universe that's worth visiting time and time again. Having won numerous industry awards (including Game of the Year and Strategy Game of the Year) in 1999, Relic and Sierra have repackaged the original Homeworld into a Game of the Year Edition The imaginative plot competes with the graphics as the game's best feature. Upon the discovery of an ancient galactic map inscribed with the words "our home," the people of Kharak began construction of a massive mother ship and fleet to traverse the galaxy and reach their true home world. Players construct, maintain, and control the Kharak fleet through 16 challenging single-player missions or against fellow humans on Sierra's WON.net online gaming service. During the solo campaign, you'll face literally hundreds of enemy vessels. All friendly and enemy ships--ranging from small yet dangerously quick interceptors to the powerful and expensive destroyers and heavy cruisers--are rendered with exquisite detail. If you already own Homeworld, there's not enough here to justify the purchase; however, if you haven't enjoyed one of the freshest games of all time, Homeworld: Game of the Year Edition offers an experience that shouldn't be missed.
- Since the discovery of the Guide Stone 100 years ago deep in the equatorial sand of our planet, Kharak, our very origins have come into question
- Now, after years of technological advancement and careful study, there is one inescapable revelation - We do not belong here
- From that moment of discovery on, we have dedicated ourselves to one goal - returning home
- Engage in 16 single-player missions or play on-line with up to seven others
- Choose unit types, fleet formations and flight tactics for each combat group
This page provides an overview of Home World: Game Of The Year Edition, and provides a small selection of links to
places where you can find cheats, game guides, and reviews. If available, you can find many
additional cheats, guides, and reviews for Home World: Game Of The Year Edition by using the tabs above.